You are your own boss.
The main benefit of working from home is that you are your own boss and you manage your time. You can adjust your work time to your lifestyle.
This allows you to chose when you spend more time with your family and kids. The best thing is to be available for your family and friends when they really need you as you decide how you organize your tasks.
You set your own targets.
There are no more daily sales meeting and targets to achieve. Now, it is your turn to achieve a target of creating a number of articles, driving number of subscribers to your home page.
It is only up to you what marketing tools you would use to bring traffic to your website and how you will communicate to your potential customers.
You set the targets and you simply go for it!
However, working from home is not such an easy task. We get distracted easily.
I guess it is because we do not see results and until we do not see this first dollar earned online, we do not truly believe in making money online. We tend then to go and watch TV or watch You tube for hours .
The best way is to make a contract with yourself to work until well see the first dollar coming in, the first award for our hard work.
What is the best way to organize yourself to succeed in the Affiliate Marketing Business?
1. Set up your working hours.
If you are working from home, decide when do you spend your time on growing your Internet Business and do not allow any distractions come in your way. If you decided it is 9am-3pm, stick to it and concentrate only on growing your business. Leave the evening hours for TV, time with your wife, husband and kids.
If you work, allow yourself at least 2 hours in the evening. When kids are already sleeping work on your business.
2. Have your own office in your house. Set up one room as your office with the opening hours. It does not matter how you are dressed. Wear your pajamas, t-shirt and anything you want, but have your office and spend the time you decided in your office. Soon, you will see that having your own work space will increase your productivity.
3. You also need the necessary tools such as laptop, Internet connection, printer, and glass of water.
4. Have a break, clear your mind, exercise and get back to work. Lots of people working online forget about the most important: their health. Some become overweight, work late at night or sleep only few hours per day. If you are thinking about making a fortune online, you will have to spend this money on something. If you dream about travel, how will you be able to do so if you lose your health? How many things can you do if you lose your health?
An hour walk per day will clear your mind; give you new and fresh ideas about how
to be creative in your online business. Long hours in front of the screen will make you feel tired. The time spend in fresh air will help you to get back to your computer and work much more efficiently. (I am addressing this paragraph to myselfJ ).
5. Get yourself a mentor and belong to an affiliate marketing forum, local club.
It may take hours to set up your first website, blog if you are just starting. I know something about itJ . Lots of people stop when they cannot set up the basics such as write a sales page, an ad, set up a website, and get your website online. It is great feeling when they finally make it happen, however long hours and mistakes work against our persistence and we drop what we are doing thinking it is too difficult. We do not even have a website and we already failed on the Internet.
If you can afford it, get yourself a mentor. The other option is to belong to a local Internet Marketing Club, sig up to a forum. You will be surprised how much information you can find on forums and how many people share their strategies.
Remember the Persistence is the Mother of All achievements.
Persist and make it happen.